Wouldn’t it be nice to wake up and grab a bag out of the freezer with your dinner already made up, then all you have to do is throw the food in your crockpot and go about your day. You can come home to a great smelling house and dinner already done.
Freezer Cooking can save you a lot of time. It does take some up front time to prepare. Here are some tips to prepare:
- get your menu together of the meals you want to prepare
- make sure you have all of the ingredients, if needed go shopping for the items you are missing
- one great tip I found was to buy meat in bulk
- pre-measure all your ingredients out
- label the bags with the name of item,baking instructions, and if any ingredients need to be added before you bake it
- block out some time in your day to do the cooking whether it is half hour to two hours
picture courtesy of Mom’s Free Recipes
I found some great printables to help make your freezer cooking a success. There are several great resources to help you keep track of everything including
- freezer inventory list
- freezer cooking prep worksheet
- weekly meal planner
- monthly meal planner
Here are some items you can freeze
- casseroles & lasagna
- stews soups & chili
- pasta sauce
- and so much more
Another great tip is when you make your meals double the recipe and freeze one for later. Especially with school starting and all of the activities starting back up wouldn’t it be nice not to have to worry about coming home and making dinner it can already be done in the crockpot.
One of my favorite websites that have great posts about freezer cooking is Money Saving Mom. She posted a series called 4 Weeks to Fill You Freezer. She posted some great recipes and post pictures of all of the final product.
Pinterest is a great resource to find recipes including Freezer Meals checkout Sublime Media Connection Freezer Cooking Board on Pinterest.
Here are some recipes to get you started
There are so many recipes out there. You can search the internet, checkout Pinterest and there is a lot of Freezer Friendly Cookbooks you can buy.
I would love to hear if you have ever done Freezer Cooking and some of your favorite recipes.