We have been get a lot of snow here in Iowa. I love to have soup and bread when it is cold out to help warm me up. One of my favorite soup is Potato Soup anytime I go out to restaurants and I want soup I always order potato soup. So I searched for a great recipe for Potato Soup.
One of my favorite recipe websites is Taste of Home. They have recipes for everything you can imagine. I found a recipe for Baked Potato Cheddar Soup that sounded really good and not to hard to make.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 large potatoes, baked, peeled and coarsely mashed (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions, divided
- Crumbled cooked bacon, optional
- In a large saucepan, whisk flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the potatoes, 1/3 cup cheese, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in sour cream and 1/4 cup onions until blended. Cover; cook over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until heated through (do not boil). Garnish with remaining cheese, onions and, if desired, bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
The potato soup is really good the only thing that really took any time was baking and peeling the potatoes. I also made Rhodes Frozen Dinner Rolls, put them in a muffin pan and let them rise and baked them as instructed on the packaging.