The use of polished concrete can be seen widely on floors. It helps in providing a shiny and clear texture and look to the floor, which will definitely elevate the style to a completely new level. Now the biggest question in this regard is to check out the characteristics of these polished versions of concrete floors, before you can actually invest some bucks and get the same for your house. The more you research, the better you will get a close connection with the characteristics involved in this sector.
Learning about the basic Characteristics:
The art of polished concrete floor will definitely cost you some money. So, before you head for that big of an investment, trying to figure out the characteristics will offer you with the most promising help you could have asked for. Concrete polishing happens to create a world of difference. If you ever come across such floors, you will instantly realize that the floor looks a lot like marble.
- There are times when you might confuse the polished cement version of flooring with that of terrazzo surface.
- Well, the difference between these concrete polished floors with the other options is that the concrete polishing will offer 8 times more damage resistance when compared to some of the other floors.
- So, it is not that difficult to state that the concrete floors will come with no surprise while walking into home. Here, the floors are not going to have any sign of crack, damage or leaks.
- The items are noted to be rather resistant, tough and can always withstand high pressure with ease, making polished concrete one big choice for the flooring to consider among people.
How these Floors are made:
Now, once you are sure of the characteristics of the polished concrete based floor, it is time to learn more about the ways these floors are made using polished version of cement. These floors are made by just grinding down the concrete slab to desired level of smoothness and shine. After that, another layer of sealer is painted right on top to coat the floor and further adding a shine to it.
- You have the right to place this concrete later anywhere you want and even before building. It can be placed inside any existing location or in any outdoor spot as well. Sometimes, such concrete based flooring is used to cover the stairs and onto bench tops.
- The design, grinding level, placement and even the level of shine, all will be chosen by you. After that, the experts dealing with these polished concrete services will be using modernized equipment, experience and knowledge to match the concrete designs and even schedules over here.
Basic Tips that you care to remember:
So, you have made up your mind to catch up with the polished concrete when it comes to flooring and quite happy with the decision you have taken. But first, there are some tips that you need to follow, just to avoid facing any issue later on with the polished version of concrete for flooring. So, get these points straight.
- There are some floors, which might get damaged completely. During such instances, you have to look for over-layment product for matching and better fit.
- For existing work, it is better to work with the concrete before offering the polished version to it, Chips, cracks and stains, if there are any, should be removed before addressing the polished coat.
For any help in this regard, join hand with pros working with concrete based polished flooring who are ready to serve you right.