When it’s time for a new tablet computer, whether you are replacing an old version or diving into tablet computers for the first time, chances are you want to find the best deal. If you are working with a tight budget, it pays to do your homework before you make a purchase. Here are four steps to choosing the best cheap tablet computer:
- Decide what features you can live without.
Today’s tablet computers can do so many things—from touch-screen note taking to face recognition. There is no way to get a cheap tablet computer that can do everything, but you can get what you need as long as you prioritize.
- Do you need both a rear- and front-facing camera? Some tablets have better camera options than others. If you won’t be using your tablet computer for serious photography, however, there is no reason to pay extra for a fancy camera.
- What about full-day battery life? How long do you need your tablet to work between charges?
- Do you prefer a tablet that also comes with a keyboard?
- What size screen do you need? You can save hundreds of dollars by purchasing a slightly smaller tablet. A smaller tablet has the advantage of being more portable than a full-sized option as well.
While you won’t find a cheap tablet computer that has all the top features, you should be able to find some. Picking what you need most will help you narrow down your choices and get the best tablet for your situation.
- Don’t limit yourself to one particular brand
One of the worst things you can do when shopping for a tablet on a budget is to look at only one brand. Many more companies offer tablet computers now than ever before. Rather than comparing models of just one brand name, be sure to look at lesser known companies and styles as well. You might just find a great tablet computer at the perfect price.
- Try before you buy
Narrow down the choices to your top 2-3 options and then find a way to try out each tablet computer style before making a final decision. Finding a tablet that is easy for you to use is just as important as any particular feature or program. Holding and operating your top tablet choices will help you decide which is the best for your needs.
- Look for a sale
If you have time to wait, the best time of year to purchase electronics is usually in late November or early December because many businesses have incredible holiday sales on expensive electronics. Even if you don’t want to wait for the end of the year before making a purchase, you can still save up to 10% of the purchase price by shopping around. When comparing prices, also look at benefits like warranties and drop protection that might not be included in the base price. You might end up with a better deal even if you don’t go with the very cheapest tablet computer by finding a company willing to throw in some extra benefits or accessories.