In today’s fast paced lives, every working as well as the non-working population has become too held up in their respective lives. Things move fast, and time moves faster. Importance of fitness, health, and wellness has increased manifold. The saying ‘health is wealth’ is indeed, golden words. A healthy body, as well as a healthy mind, are assets for an individual and in turn, for the society. Health encompasses a body and mind free of illness, diseases or injuries. Wherein, wellness comprises of an individual’s mental, physical, environmental, emotional and social health. Health is a goal that individuals strive to achieve, say getting rid of a particular disease or targeting weight loss. Wellness is more about how one chooses to spend his or her life. It’s a lifestyle and not a short or long-term goal that you have to achieve. Have a look at a few tips below for maintaining wellness and good health.
- It is most important to love and respect yourself.
- Be kind to yourself and stop comparing. We all are different.
- You cannot fool yourself. Be honest with yourself.
- Eat well and make the right choices.
- Exercise. Exercise.
- Give your body the rest it deserves. Sound sleep is essential.
- Humans are social animals. Socialize. Make friends. Meet new people and involvement in social networks.
- Yoga can help your mind and body to be in harmony.
- Be grateful.
Many health and wellness centers have mushroomed in the past decade or so, thanks to the fast-moving life of fast food, ever-increasing competition and reducing attention span. They offer different treatment, wellness, and health-related services. In Boston, you can check with https://treatmenttrainingwellness.com/whoprovides a wide variety of such services. Noted below are some services offered by such centers:
- Chiropractic services: It is a healthcare field that focuses on the relationship between the structure of the body and its functioning. Hands-on-therapy is the central idea of this field. The primary treatment technique includes manual therapy, with a particular focus on spine manipulation, manipulation of soft tissues and other joints. Practitioners primarily make adjustments to the spine or other body parts for any alignment problem, pain relief, improving functionalities, and treating other mechanical disorders of the body.
- Acupuncture services: A minimal invasion technique, acupuncture involves insertion of needles on nerve-rich points on the skin at various depths which results in circulation of nutrient and oxygen-rich blood to specific glands, tissues, and organs. This technique heals wounds, relieves pain and stimulates the immune system. Therapists use it for conditions such as blood pressure problems, headaches, different kinds of pain, etc.
- Massage Therapy: This includes manipulation of muscles, ligaments, tendons and other soft tissues for enhancement of a person’s health and wellness. The purpose can be pain relief, stress relief, and ease of movement. Some of the popular massages are deep tissue massage, aromatherapy, Shiatsu massage, stone massage, and massage specific to places like Kerala in India and Thailand and so on.
- Reflexology: In this alternative medicine field, the therapists gently presses parts of feet and hands pressed without the use of any lubricant to produce the effect on targeted body parts. The treatment has a basis on the idea that the body has many zones and reflex areas that get reflected in one’s feet and hands. Any manipulation on the hands or feet will result in a physical change.
- Body Workout Training: This is a one-to-one body training service wherein a certified individual sets goals about body fitness and guides in achieving them. A personal trainer has a sound knowledge, training, and license to provide an exercise and diet prescription. They motivate the clients with constant feedback, guidance, and support. The weight training and workout facility offers an entire range of exercise equipment such as stationary bike, treadmills, push-up bars, weights, and dumbbells and so on.
- Zumba and Aerobics: A 45-60 minutes Zumba session includes dancing to Latin American tunes. It is a modern and fun way of reducing weight and body toning. Aerobics is also moving your body throughout but on physical training kind of movements. Both are designed to work on full body and results in agility, fitness and toned body muscles.
- Swimming and other sports activities: Football, basketball, volleyball, swimming or running. Sports are the best way to combine passion, interest, competition and body fitness. All sports are equally promoted, highlighted and encouraged these days. Also, it is a matter of respect in the society.
- Emotional wellness is accepting one’s feelings. The resources include mental health-related organizations, problem-solving and conflict management associations, counseling services, women-specific associations for women empowerment, psychological associations, suicide prevention helplines, eating disorder or obesity associations, etc.
- Intellectual wellness refers to the expansion of knowledge, skill, and creativity. The resources include academic scholarship programs, performing arts training centers, internship centers, academic counselling, library, art and craft center, and leadership training services.
- Occupational wellness refers to mental preparation for work. Resources include job portals, career counseling, student recruitment centers, and leadership learning services.
- Social wellness refers to building healthy relationships with the people around. The resources include experimental colleges, community sports events, recreational activities, cafes and pubs, a center for student involvement, multicultural arts and culture exhibitions, symposia, multicultural workshops, and exhibitions
- Physical wellness refers to taking care of our bodies through the right diet and physical activities. The resources include community parks, community pools, gyms and workout facilities, fitness clubs, sleep and nap centers at the campus, health, and diet counseling services, healthcare associations, marathons, hiking and trekking activities, and organization of nutritionists and dieticians, etc.
- Environmental wellness refers to living a life that respects the surroundings and environment. The resources include environmental awareness programs, public gardens, outdoor adventure activities, agriculture sustainability centers, campus gardens, environmental resource management services, seed plantation programs, environmental awareness workshops, and seminars, etc.
Denis Waitley once said that time and health are two precious assets that we fail to recognize until they have been lost. So, make sure you take care of your body before the right time flies away.