After gathering a list of potential movers, contacting them for estimates is the next crucial step. It is important to get written and signed estimates that are provided by the companies you want to hire. This helps to prevent disagreements that arise in regards to the terms of the agreement. Getting estimates from a number of companies will enable you to compare prices and services.
If a mover you have considered hiring is reluctant to give you an estimate or prefers to offer an estimate without seeing your belongings, it is advisable to select another mover. Movers usually rely on visual inspections to provide accurate estimates.
The estimates that movers typically offer include not-to-exceed, non-binding and binding. Knowing the differences between these types of estimates is important along with being aware of the regulations that are applicable in your state.
Making a Choice
· Once you compare the estimates, you can make an informed decision about the mover you will hire. Get in touch with the company and select the dates for pickup and delivery.
· Movers may suggest choosing multiple consecutive days to facilitate loading your goods and delivering them to your destination.
· A series of days allows you and the mover to be flexible and stick to your moving schedule. You should ideally receive the order of service document that includes the price that was agreed on for the move. Find moving quotes from long distance movers here.
Importance of Estimates
· When you plan to move, one of the main considerations is finding a moving company that can assist you with this major task. If you choose the option of hiring professional movers, a moving estimate should be a priority.
· Quotes are vital for several reasons and understanding them can help you reduce your moving costs.
· Estimates are useful for making comparisons between dozens of service providers. Although the price is not the only factor you should keep in mind, it plays a significant role in determining the company that you choose.
Services and Costs
· Getting a quote goes beyond the price and consists of other elements. It gives you insight into crucial aspects of the moving process. Some of the things you need to take into account include hourly rates, overall cost, additional fees, packing and unpacking and weight.