I am trying to eat healthier, which isn’t very easy sometimes. I am always looking for healthy recipes. Breakfast is one meal I have a hard time finding healthy items. I am in a rush in the morning trying to get the kids ready for school and get them to school.
I love watching Biggest Loser it such a motivating show and they also give great healthy recipes. Last night I was watching Biggest Loser and Bob showed the contestants this great breakfast recipe:
- 1(8 ounce) package Jennie-O Uncured Turkey Bacon
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped red pepper
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cups egg substitute or 8 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mist 12 muffin cups with cooking spray. Cook turkey bacon as noted on package. Cut the bacon up into ½ inch pieces and set aside. Add oil and vegetable into skillet and cook for 5 minutes. In large bowl add eggs, milk, and parsley until well mixed. Stir in bacon, cheese and vegetables. Spoon mixture into muffin cups, fill approx. ¾ full. Bake 20 or until they set
Biggest Loser website has many other great recipes. You can see the Biggest Loser full recipe here.
I hope you try this recipe. You can make them all on the weekend and they will give you breakfast all week. Let me know if you make them and what you think.
Have a great day