Welcome to Week 21 of the Frumpy to Fabulous series this week habit change is to consume starchy carbohydrates with protein at breakfast, with lunch and dinner.
Choose from wheat bread, brown rice, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, yam, whole wheat pasta and quinoa. Stagger them at breakfast, lunch and dinner and it will keep your energy and mood elevated throughout the day. You can also add fruits and vegetables into your meals.
Here are some examples of some meals:
- turkey sandwich with an apple
- oatmeal with berries and scrambled eggs whites
- grilled chicken with brown rice and black beans and spinach salad
- lean beef with sweet potato and asparagus
- whole wheat pasta with turkey meatballs
- natural peanut butter, jelly and banana on whole wheat wrap
If you have missed previous weeks you can check out the Frumpy to Fabulous board on Pinterest.